#ContactForm1{display: none !important;}

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hand Stamped Necklace - Beloved




     Sometimes God uses our weaknesses to show us we need to depend and trust in Him. I absolutely cannot stand when people place last minute plans or 'ideas' in my lap and expect it to be a piece of cake. I know that's terrible to say... but it's true. I like to be prepared and while I am very spontaneous, I like to know ahead of time what others expect of me or want me to do. I want to be the best I can be. However, sometimes I think I try so hard that I become obsessed and become such a grouch. I forget that I'm not going to please everyone and that I am not ever going to be perfect. I forget that I have a Heavenly Father who wants me to lean on Him and to take my frustration away. Well, two weeks ago, my mom and aunt left for a mission trip with a few other ladies. They let me know two days before they left that it would be so nice if I would make a necklace for each of the ladies. Of course I said yes even though on the inside I was screaming and angry... once again, I was not trusting God to help me and I was again struggling with being a perfectionist. My mom wanted me to use my metal stamping supplies - stuff I bought months ago but have never attempted... Well... needless to say, I made a necklace but was not pleased with the outcome. I hurried to Hobby lobby with my grandma and she listening to my ideas and encouraged me to not stress. I began to pray and ask God to help guide me and for me to trust that He would take care of everything. Almost immediately, the design for the necklace in the photo above came to mind. The previous stress of making sure the necklace was perfect and meaningful for the ladies was gone. When I asked my mom and aunt what they wanted stamped on the necklace, they came up with 'Beloved'. When they gave the necklaces to the other ladies, one said that God had put the word 'Beloved' on her heart through scripture two weeks before. Also, a lady they met in the airport wanted one to buy one. So all of that to say... don't be like me! Put your life, faith, and trust in God!!! Give HIM your worries, fears and desires!! He will guide you and use you in ways you cannot imagine!! Let him lead your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment