#ContactForm1{display: none !important;}

Monday, September 1, 2014

Women Entrepreneurs Feature - Mary Wangerin



     Good Morning, friends!  I am giddy with excitement to share with you this week's "Women Entrepreneurs Feature".  I know you are going to love it and be filled with inspiration just as I am.  Today's feature is my sweet friend and artist Mary Wangerin.  I have been so very blessed by her sweet spirit, heart for God, and love for life that is clearly depicted in her brightly colored paintings.  Let's begin.

Me: Has art always been part of your life?

Mary: Oh my goodness yes. Life is art, after all! But in the literal sense of the question, I remember spending hours as a little girl with my crayons and blank sheets of paper. The desire to create with my hands runs deep. 



Me: How did you feel called to be an artist?

Mary: When I began to silence the noise all around me, and truly listen to my inner thoughts - what I felt was the push to begin creating again. 
I had just graduated college and my hubby and I had moved to a tiny town in the mountains. I spent hours in my little studio reconnecting with color and texture through paint, and I completely and totally fell in love. 

These words from Joseph Campbell resonate so much with what it felt like to choose this path: 
“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”  - Joseph Campbell


Me: Where do you gather inspiration and can you explain a little about your creative process?

Mary: I am a mixed media artist. My favorite materials include acrylic paint, pastels, charcoal pencils, found objects + ephemera. Layers and layers of colorful goodness make my heart happiest. 

I'm inspired by so much of daily life - you know, the little things. A delicious cup of coffee in my favorite mug. Watching the leaves dance + twirl + fall. Good conversation. Togetherness. A field of wildflowers. Long bike rides. Road trips to nowhere in particular. The way the sunlight filters through the sheer curtains in the morning. The moon! The list goes on and on.


Me: If you had one piece of advice to share with women entrepreneurs, what would it be?

Mary: Tune into your own creative spirit. Listen to what calls you, and what comes naturally, and do that! Don't worry so much about what you think people will love, or want to purchase. Make art and don't worry about the outcome. That's where the real joy is.


Thank you, Mary, for sharing your beautiful thoughts about your artistic process and journey with us.  I have been blessed by your story and am so thankful for you! :)

Please check out Mary's artwork!
Website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MaryWangerin?ref=ss_profile
Instagram: MaryWangerin
Blog: http://theturquoisepaintbrush.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment